There is little room for error when it comes to hygiene in a food processing environment. The challenge of sustaining standards is significant, and Tork®
, the leading global professional hygiene brand by Essity, found 54% of production managers say it is hard to motivate people working on the production line to comply with food safety and hygiene protocols.2
Additionally, 82% of food processors report experiencing production delays due to lack of hygiene compliance within the last year,3
highlighting a clear need for purpose-built solutions that encourage hygiene compliance while increasing efficiency.
“Amid heightened hygiene needs in an industry with already rigorous standards, food processing facility managers need the best possible tools to help workers sustain hygiene compliance – and ensure operational productivity,” said Jenny Turner, Marketing Director for Essity’s professional hygiene business. “Sustaining hygiene compliance to secure food safety can never be compromised. The workflow of each area must support hygiene compliance and positively influence productivity. Our best-in-class systems and services were designed with food safety in mind, and efficient loading and cleaning capabilities means staff always have access to easy-to-use hygiene solutions.”
A vast majority (97%) of facility managers say having robust, easy to maintain and well-stocked hygiene and cleaning dispensers in highly visible locations is critical for increasing hygiene compliance.4 With a robust range of products, Tork solutions can integrate into site workflows to help mitigate risks, increase operational efficiencies, and handle the pressures of a rigorous food processing environment. By equipping staff with Tork products, production managers can:
- With one-at-a-time dispensing, Tork systems like the Tork PeakServe® Continuous™ Hand Towel and Tork Folded Cloth allow people to only touch what they take, improving hygiene.
- Tork Skincare products are formulated specifically to help customers meet high, business-critical hygiene expectations, while the accompanying dispensers’ touch-free, sealed system prevent biological contamination and reduce risk of cross-contamination to comply with the highest hygiene standards.
Increase productivity and efficiency
- High-capacity quick-dispensing Tork solutions improve plant floor efficiency by ensuring employees have access to paper hand towels so they can swiftly wash and dry their hands and return to their stations.
- Tork Folded Cloth Dispensers have flexible mounting options, featuring magnets so that dispensers can be easily visible and placed where they are needed most, eliminating time to travel far to access products.
- Tork Washstation Dispensers are water-resistant to protect refills and built to withstand high temperature spray downs, without needing to be covered or removed from the wall.
- Over the past decade, the carbon footprint for exelCLEAN® wipers production has been reduced by 28%.5
- Tork Folded Wiper Dispensers feature innovative interfolded wipers design to facilitate one-at-a-time dispensing, preventing waste.
- Tork products come in packaging made with 30% post-consumer recycled plastics and in boxes made from 100% recycled cardboard fibers.
For more information:
1, 2, 3, 4 2021 Survey conducted by PRS Invivo in March 2021. The survey covered in the US and Germany, with 100 respondents in each market.
5 *LCA analysis for exelCLEAN®, Essity & 3rd party, 2021